The banking world has become more efficient because banks have incorporated digital technology to improve their services. Today, customers can quickly complete most of their banking tasks without stepping out of their houses. They no longer must visit banks and stand in long queues. Everything is possible thanks to the net banking facility provided by banks.
Customers can transfer funds, operate multiple bank accounts, pay off several bills, and much more by accessing the net banking portal of their bank.
Just like offline registrations, where customers must visit the bank and submit physical documents, those looking to access net banking must complete their net banking registration to use the facility.
Steps to register for your bank’s net banking facility
- Visit your bank’s official website
- Click on the ‘Login’ button under the net bankingoption
- Select the ‘New User? Register Here’ option
- You can proceed to log in if you already have the customer ID and password provided by the bank. If not, click on the ‘Next’ button.
- This requires you to fill out a ‘Self-Registration’ form. In this form, you will have to fill up your bank account number, email ID, registered mobile number, branch code, debit card details, etc. Once you have filled in these details, click on ‘Submit.’
- After completing the form, you must authenticate your registration with a one-time password sent to your registered mobile number.
- You will then receive a temporary customer ID and password.
- Use these temporary login details to sign in and create a new login password once you have signed in for the first time. Do note that it is ideal to keep changing your net banking password every two months for security reasons.
Steps to log in to your bank’s net banking portal
After completing your bank’s net banking registration, you can go through the following steps to log in to the net banking portal:
- Go to your bank’s net banking website
- Select the ‘Personal login’ option if you are a retail user and the ‘Corporate login’ option if you are a corporate user.
- Enter your login details (customer ID and password)
- Fill up the captcha code given and click on ‘Enter’
- You can now view your net banking dashboard.
The net banking facility has made it easy for customers to handle their banking tasks. Apart from net banking, customers can also use digital banking apps from the Play Store or App Store. Many banks like IDFC FIRST Bank offer mobile banking applications to help quickly access your bank account.
The IDFC FIRST Bank mobile banking application has the same features as the net banking portal. You can transfer funds, invest in mutual funds, recharge FASTag, and pay your credit card bills from the app itself. It is secure and quicker than the net banking portal. You can set up a pin and quickly access the app.